- 1 Reviews of The Best Curling Irons for Beachy Waves
- 2 1. The Beachwaver Co. S1.25 Dual Voltage
- 3 2. MiroPure Tourmaline Ceramic Coating Curling Iron
- 4 3. Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand
- 5 4. Bed Head Curlipops Curling Wand
- 6 5. REMINGTON Pro 1″-1.5″ Pearl Ceramic Conical Curling Wand
- 7 6. Conair Instant Heat Spiral Curling Iron
- 8 Curling Iron for Beach Waves Buying Guide
- 9 How to Choose the Best Curling Iron for Beach Waves
- 10 What Barrel Size Do You Want?
- 11 What Is the Best Material for a Curling Iron?
- 12 Ceramic
- 13 Titanium
- 14 Tourmaline
- 15 Which Heat Settings Are Available on a Curling Iron?
- 16 What Clip Types Does the Curling Iron Have?
- 17 What Types of Curling Irons Are Available?
- 18 Curling Wand
- 19 Automatic Curling Iron
- 20 Interchangeable Curling Iron
- 21 What Shapes of Curling Irons Can You Choose From?
- 22 Straight Barrels
- 23 Cone Barrels
- 24 Spiral Barrels
- 25 Double and Triple Barrels
- 26 Should You Choose Curling Iron or Flat Iron for Beach Waves?
- 27 Is It Better to Go with a Curling Iron or Wand for Beach Waves?
- 28 How to Use a Curling Iron Correctly for Beach Waves
- 29 4 Easy Steps on How to Get Beach Waves
- 30 Apply a Spray That Will Protect Your Hair
- 31 Split Your Hair into Sections
- 32 Start Curling!
- 33 Complete the Process
- 34 Curling Iron Tips for Beach Waves
- 35 Common Mistakes While Curling Hair for Beach Waves
- 36 Tips on How to Uphold Long-Lasting Beach Waves
- 37 FAQs & Answers
- 38 Best Curling Iron For Beachy Waves Comparison Chart
- 39 Wrap Up
Imagine if you could have beach wave curls every day. That would be great, and the good news is that curling irons make that possible!
All it takes is a bit of practice and effort, and these appliances can get you that hairstyle you always wanted. However, there are many devices out there, and you need the best curling iron for beach waves. That may be tricky to find, but we are here to help you!
We have a selection of top-rated curling irons that can deliver that natural, carefree look for your hair. Our team didn’t stop there, but we consulted experts and searched up and down to feature the most extensive buying guide on curling irons you will find.
Make sure to read it because you will find out everything you need to know about these appliances. It will the first step to choosing the right one and getting those beach waves in no time!
The Beachwaver Co. S1.25 Dual Voltage
||View On Amazon|
MiroPure Tourmaline Ceramic Coating Curling Iron
||View On Amazon|
Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand
||View On Amazon|
Bed Head Curlipops Curling Wand
||View On Amazon|
REMINGTON Pro 1″-1.5″ Pearl Ceramic Conical Curling Wand
||View On Amazon|
Conair Instant Heat Spiral Curling Iron
||View On Amazon|
Reviews of The Best Curling Irons for Beachy Waves
1. The Beachwaver Co. S1.25 Dual Voltage
Can you think of a product that can do a better job at making beach waves than the Beachwaver?
S1.25 is the third edition in this series, and it has taken performance to the next level. Not only it is reliable, but it has a bunch of useful settings. For example, you can adjust the temperature with the up and down buttons. The device will show you the current heat level to ensure optimal control.
You can also choose the curl direction, as well as the desired speed. The barrel is ceramic, and the unit features a rotating rod. It also has a dual voltage, which only increases its versatility.
Keep in mind that the appliance can produce a lot of heat. That is why you should always use a heat-protective glove, or you risk burns. However, that is a small price to pay for a versatile curling iron, such as this one. Read the full review → The Beachwaver Co. S1.25
2. MiroPure Tourmaline Ceramic Coating Curling Iron
MiroPure designed a professional-grade curling iron, and many salons accepted using this appliance because of its quality.
The iron features a mixture of ceramic and tourmaline for optimal quality. It shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds to achieve the desired temperature, and you can pick between multiple heat settings.
The highest temperature you can set is 410F. You use the buttons to adjust the heat, but their positioning is a bit awkward. That is why it will take a bit of practice to avoid changing the temperature accidentally. Fortunately, you should get used to that special characteristic quickly.
The premium materials allow the curling iron to perform at a high level. It can give you the desired curls while minimizing the damage to your hair. It also has an automatic turn off capability, which is a nice safety addition. The product offers duel voltage, which can come in handy if you are often traveling. Read the full review → MiroPure Professional
3. Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand
The first thing we noticed about the Xtava curling wand is that it offers a whopping number of 22 different heat settings. The minimal temperature is 200F, and the maximum is 410F, but it is numerous adjustments that allow you to find the perfect temperature for your hair.
The wand does take a bit more time to heat up, but it will be worth waiting. You can use it for beach waves, and it will exceed your expectations.
The product has a barrel made of ceramic, and the barrel has two ends for different hair sizes. The wand is also a great choice for traveling. You will receive a special case, as well as a glove that protects you from burning your skin.
The additional features also include a dual voltage and an automatic turn off function. Overall, this product can be a great choice if you are a fan of curling wands.
4. Bed Head Curlipops Curling Wand
The curling wand seems very versatile because it uses a clamp-free mechanism and a 1 – 1 ½” barrel. The manufacturer combined ceramic and tourmaline to ensure optimal hair gloss while minimizing frizz.
As on most other models, you can utilize dual voltage, and you will also receive a glove to protect your hands from the heat. The design also seems appealing as the bottom part features a blue color.
The wand heats up quickly, which means you can get those beach waves in no time. It is also very versatile and durable since it was made of high-quality materials.
The obvious downside of this curling wand is that it only has a single heat setting. It can deliver an extensive amount of heat, but that may be too much if you have fragile or thin hair. However, the other features seem tempting, which is why this wand may still be a smart investment for you.
5. REMINGTON Pro 1″-1.5″ Pearl Ceramic Conical Curling Wand
You can’t help but notice the unique color combination of this wand. It also comes from a reputable manufacturer, and it seems quite durable.
The barrel size is standard – 1” to 1 ½”, which will work for most users. The company used ceramic as the material of choice for the barrel.
The curling wand features an LCD display and simple temperature controls. The maximum temperature is 410F, and you can choose between nine different heat settings. That is not as many as on some other models, but it gives more than enough versatility.
The time required to achieve the desired heat is around 30 seconds, although you might need to be a bit more patient. The included glove will prevent skin burning, and you don’t have to worry if you accidentally forget to turn off the item because it has a safety power-off feature.
6. Conair Instant Heat Spiral Curling Iron
Although it is an affordable unit, this curling iron is for advanced users due to its spiral shape. You can use it if you are a beginner, but you will need a bit of practice.
The good news is that it will pay off as this appliance with a ¾-inch barrel can deliver great results. It has 25 different heat settings with the highest temperature set at 350F. If you need additional heat, use the Turbo mode that brings another 36F. That can be useful for those sections that don’t want to listen when it comes to the desired curl shape.
One thing to keep in mind is that the curling iron takes a long time to cool down. Although this is not a deal-breaker, you don’t want to risk burning your hands or nearby objects, so make sure to be careful when using the appliance.
Curling Iron for Beach Waves Buying Guide
Selecting the right curling iron for your needs is not easy, especially if you don’t have experience with these appliances. With so many brands and types available, you don’t even know where to start looking for an iron that suits you.
That is why we created a buying guide that aims to assist you during the purchasing process. Take a look at the factors below, and find the ideal curling iron for your needs!
How to Choose the Best Curling Iron for Beach Waves
What Barrel Size Do You Want?
The crucial component of any curling iron is the barrel. It is a heating element that also monitors temperature and keeps the user from burning themselves.
Barrels come in different materials, shapes, and sizes. When choosing a size, you need to keep in mind the length of your hair. A small barrel than doesn’t have more than a 1-inch diameter is a great choice if your hair is short. You can check out the buyer’s guide of curling irons for short hair and discover more information about the topic.
If you have medium hair, go for a barrel that’s anywhere between 1” to 1 1/4” in diameter. If you have long hair and you aim to make it wavy, go for a barrel that can be from 1 ½” to 2” in diameter.
You have another way of choosing barrel size. If you want tight curls, go for an as small diameter as possible.
What Is the Best Material for a Curling Iron?
As with most products, the material of a curling iron largely affects its quality and durability. You want to go with the best materials possible because your hair deserves the best, and low-quality curling irons might damage it.
Let’s take a look at the most common material choices for curling irons these days.
It is the number one choice of most users when it comes to barrel material. Thanks to multiple temperature settings, you can have the device under your control.
A ceramic curling iron is versatile and fits all hair types. The length of your hair doesn’t matter, and even hair that was treated chemically will suit your curling iron. Ceramic is great for protecting oils and moisture of your hair.
Titanium is light but strong and very durable. It also has excellent heat absorption, which means it can handle high temperatures well. That makes it ideal for thick hair, but be careful if your hair is thin. In that case, titanium might dry or damage it. We recommend using a spray that protects from the heat while curling.
The third choice is a relatively new one on the market. Tourmaline is similar to ceramic, but it makes more negative ions. The benefit of that may be very glossy hair. However, tourmaline is a bit more expensive than ceramic. That is why you will also see a mixture of these two materials in some curling irons.
Which Heat Settings Are Available on a Curling Iron?
As we already established, the temperature settings will depend on your type of hair. Curling iron should have different heat settings, but you want to ensure that it can deliver the desired temperature.
You want to go for a curling iron that allows you to modify the temperature depending on the type of your hair. Higher temperatures are more suitable for thick hair, so go for 350-400F or something like that.
At the same time, keep the heat at around 300F if your hair is fragile. You can check out the reviews of curling irons for fine hair as they might help to choose a suitable appliance.
What Clip Types Does the Curling Iron Have?
You can choose between two clip types:
- Spring-loaded – it catches your hair in a clip and then does the curling.
- No-clip – these are curling wands, and they utilize the barrel to make beachy waves or loose curls.
What Types of Curling Irons Are Available?
When it comes to which curling irons fit you, you can choose between many different types. For example, you may be looking for the best curling iron for thick hair.
But if we are talking about the way they work, we can make a difference between three curling iron types – wand, interchangeable and automatic.
Here is a short overview of their features.
The biggest difference compared to classic irons is in the design. Wands don’t come with a clasp, which means they can’t make tight curls.
Since it doesn’t do a lot of tightening, they are a fitting choice if you are going for natural-looking waves.
Automatic Curling Iron
Automated irons can be perfect for beginners that don’t have the experience required to make amazing curls. These are self-spinning products, which removes the need for advanced hand motions on your behalf.
You will need to put a part of your hair inside the iron and choose the rotating direction for the barrel. It is a simple process, and it shouldn’t take more than a couple of times to get used to it.
Interchangeable Curling Iron
Interchangeable irons are the latest addition to the market. Their main feature is an interchangeable barrel, which boosts the product’s versatility.
You will find four or more barrels in these irons, and you can mix and match any way you see fit.
What Shapes of Curling Irons Can You Choose From?
It’s not only the type of the curling iron you can choose because you also get to pick the shape. It also depends on whether you are choosing a curling iron for long hair or another hair type.
Let’s take a look at the shapes currently available on the market.
Many consider this the basic shape, and straight barrels are most frequently used by the users. They are an excellent choice for making beach waves, and you can’t go wrong with choosing them.
If you take a look at it, you will notice the shape of a cylinder and identical thickness throughout the entire shape.
You’ve surely had the chance to eat ice cream out of a cone. These barrels have a similar shape, except it is upside down. Thanks to the high level of precision, they can make curls of various sizes. Whether you are looking for romantic curls or beach waves, this shape might be able to achieve it.
These barrels are spiral, and they usually feature a clamp, too. It might take a bit of practice to learn how to work with them, but they can deliver perfect curls.
Double and Triple Barrels
The professionals often call these “wavers.” Their biggest advantage is that they give a natural look for your curls. The waves won’t look that round but will have an “S” shape instead.
Should You Choose Curling Iron or Flat Iron for Beach Waves?
You might have noticed that we haven’t mentioned a flat iron in this article so far. That is because a flat iron is a hair straightener and not a curler. While it can be possible to get beach waves with a flat iron, it will take a lot of effort to learn how to do that.
That is why you should always go with a curling iron to get your beach waves. It shouldn’t take long to learn how to work with this appliance, and you will quickly realize how useful it is.
Is It Better to Go with a Curling Iron or Wand for Beach Waves?
The good news is that both devices can make exceptional beach waves. The choice depends on your preference and skills.
Those who used both appliances suggest that wands can create natural-looking relaxed waves while irons are for bouncy and polished waves.
Additionally, you hold the devices differently, and you may be more suitable for using one of them. The best way to determine is to try both, and see which of the two fits your preference better.
Read on to find more details on choosing the right curling wand
How to Use a Curling Iron Correctly for Beach Waves
If you are dreaming of amazing beach waves, you will also need to know how to use a curling iron. Here is a step by step guide that will assist you in the process.
4 Easy Steps on How to Get Beach Waves
Apply a Spray That Will Protect Your Hair
You want a spray with hair-protective features. Before you start using the curling iron, make sure to untangle your hair and get rid of any knots. If you have any, you can use a spray with sea salt to take your beach waves to the next level. Always dry your hair before you turn on a curling iron.
Split Your Hair into Sections
That will enable you to curl your hair gradually, which should secure better results. For example, grab the upper part of your hair (most of it) and move it out of the way with a clip. Start curling from the section that is closest to your shoulders and neck.
Here is the most important part – you want to grab about 2” of your hair and wrap it around the iron’s wand. You also need to twist the appliance opposite of your face for amazing beach waves. Release after holding the hair for about 2-3 seconds.
Before you move to the next section, tug the curl ends because you don’t want them too tight. You may consider varying the sizes of the sections you curl because beach waves are messy.
Complete the Process
Once you complete all sections, consider spraying sea salt once again. Finally, use your fingers to create a messy look that reminds of beach wave. We don’t recommend using a brush as it might ruin the results.
Curling Iron Tips for Beach Waves
It may be easy to use an iron to curl your hair, but getting natural beach waves will require some skill. Here are some tips that you can use to speed up the process:
- Preparation is everything – believe it or not, you shouldn’t use extremely clean hair, and you should apply a firm mousse. If you want to avoid greasiness, steer clear of the roots, and use a comb for even distribution.
- Use a texture spray – you are looking for a spray that will boost texture and volume. Make sure to start applying it from root to ends.
- A sea salt spray can do wonders – you may not be able to go to the beach, but how about bringing it to you? Use a spray that has sea salt as the main ingredient to achieve the same effect as you visited the beach.
- Not all curls should look the same – beach waves aren’t neat, and that is something you should keep in mind when using your curling iron.
Common Mistakes While Curling Hair for Beach Waves
When going for beach waves, it equally matters what you do and don’t do with your hair. That is why we will pinpoint some mistakes beginners often make. Here they are:
- You haven’t chosen the right barrel size – you need to be very careful and choose the right barrel size. Short hair is suitable for a small barrel (1-inch diameter), medium for barrels of up to 1 ½”, and long hair can handle 2-inch barrels or longer.
- You are using the wrong temperature – it is vital to use the right amount of heat, or you may risk damaging your hair. Thick hair can handle up to 400F, standard hair around 300F, but fragile hair may require only 250-300F. The best way to find the right temperature is through trial and error.
- You don’t apply a spray to protect your hair from heat – apart from using the right temperature, these sprays prevent you from frying your hair.
- Be patient and work with small sections – you may want to speed up the process, but patience is the key for beach waves. Apart from taking small hair chunks, you should also curl your hair away from your face.
- Read the instructions – you should always read the instruction manual for your curling iron. The user guide will reveal to you how to use your appliance, and also how to maintain it. Keeping proper care of your barrels is essential for consistent results and longevity of the device.
Tips on How to Uphold Long-Lasting Beach Waves
You’ve achieved the desired beach waves look, but you also want to make it last long. There is no point if you lose the waves an hour after you leave the house. Here are some tips on how to prolong the beach wave effect:
- Avoid washing your hair before you use a curling iron – if your hair is greasy, it would be best to wash it at least a couple of hours before curling it. That will give it enough time to dry naturally. However, if you have an option, use a curling iron on your second-day hair! Believe it or not, curls will last longer when hair is a bit dirty.
- Use the right hair products -a thickening mousse is an essential item to add to your hair care routine. The alcohol will make your hair less moist, and that’s what you need for extending the duration of your curls. Don’t forget to use a hair spray that has protective features.
- Give the curls a moment to cool down – while you are curling, it is the heat that allows you to achieve the desired shape. You can use bobby pins or clips to keep the curls in place once they are in the wanted shape. Feel free to let the pins stay for a while as that can help to avoid the curls breaking quickly.
FAQs & Answers
- Q: What safety features should a curling iron have?
A: These are relatively safe appliances as long as you are cautious when using them. If you think it is necessary, look for an iron that has an option to automatically turn off after a while. You may also consider wearing a glove that is heatproof to protect your hands.
- Q: What Curling Irons Are Best for Fine Hair?
A: If your hair is fine, fragile, or thin, you want to use curling irons that won’t damage your hair. You also shouldn’t forget to use a low heat setting.
- Q: Can I Transform All Hair Types into Beach Waves?
A: Yes, there is no reason why you couldn’t do that! The trick is in choosing an iron that fits your hair type and applying a suitable amount of hair products.
Best Curling Iron For Beachy Waves Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||BARREL TYPE||BARREL SIZE||MAXIMUM HEAT||WARRANTY|
|The Beachwaver Co. S1.25 Dual Voltage||$$||Ceramic||1 1/4 inch||410 °F||1 year|
|MiroPure Tourmaline Ceramic Coating Curling Iron||$||Ceramic and Tourmaline||1 1/2 inch||410 °F||1 year|
|Xtava Twist Curl Curling Wand||$||Ceramic and Tourmaline||1 - 1 1/2 inch||410 °F||2 years|
|Bed Head Curlipops Curling Wand||$||Ceramic||1 1/2 inch||400˚F||1 year|
|REMINGTON Pro 1"-1.5" Pearl Ceramic Conical Curling Wand||$||Ceramic||1 - 1 1/2 inch||410 ˚F||2 years|
|Conair Instant Heat Spiral Curling Iron||$||Metal||3/4 inch||350˚F||2 years|
We can only hope that our guide helped you to find the best curling iron for beach waves. As you can see, it is possible to get that natural look even if you don’t hit the beach.
That makes these appliances perfect for all those who don’t live at the seaside or can’t go to the beach during winter months.
Finally, allow us to tell you that you don’t have to rush your decision. Read our guide carefully and check out the reviews one more time. You want to think about the type, size, and other curling iron features that will work for you.
It might take some trial and error, but the perfect curling iron will make those beach waves possible. Once you realize how easy it is to get that look with the right appliance, you might consider using that hairstyle permanently!